Friday 10 January 2014

Ultra Realistic Finger-paintings of Icebergs by Zaria Forman

Artist Zaria Forman finger paints creates extraordinary painting images of Icebergs of Greenland. Brooklyn based talented artist motivated by her travels to the most astonishing landscapes, and developed an appreciation for the beauty and vastness of the ever changing sky and sea. I loved plain desert, far off storm, monsoon rains, and cold arctic light illuminating Greenland waters. I’ll not forget my travel, when I took myriads photographs and make little sketches. When I came back, I was really impressed the Greenland’s beauty and would like to draw my memories, experiences, and photographs to create large scale compositions. I’d like to add layers of color onto the papers, smudging everything with my fingers and hands. 

I’m really inspired of my mother (Rena Bass Forman), and she had conceived the idea for the voyage, but sadly did not live to see it through. During her illness, ever her dedication never wavered and then I decided to carry out her final journey. I am deeply grateful for my teammates for helping me carry out her wishes and realize her dream. My aim is these bring drawings bring awareness, and invite viewers to share the urgency in a hopeful and meaningful way.          











No comments:

Post a Comment