Thursday 26 June 2014

Mind-blowing Railway Photos show South American Trains Teetering on Cliff Edges and Tunneling through Mountains



56 Year old French photographer Jean Marc Frybourg went to great lengths to capture these unbelievable pictures of some of South America's most scenic rail routes in Peru and Chile. The Paris based photographer whose job is in the pharmaceutical industry, has an obsession with travel and photography, in particular immortalizing his favorites railways.
The photos feature trains mainly servicing mines as they weave through incredible landscapes which are made accessible due to just as impressive engineering feats that make the viewer wonder how on earth they got a track there in the first place. You can well see in one shot, two trains are flawlessly aligned on a mountain side, which was taken with the cooperation of the railway company while another is transporting tanks of sulphuric. 

Frybourg says; I was very keen in travelling photos, when I was boy. I have always taken photographs. I have started to learn photography and using serious cameras in 1972 when I was 11 or 12-years-old. His love of trains started with model roads and went from there. I wanted to travel and see the trains. Since then, I’ve always preferred taking pictures of trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment